Canon MG3160 Reviews
Wireless setup without cd
Canon Pixma MG3160 Setup, Manual Instructions, Scanner Driver Software – The MG3160 from Canon is externally identical to the Canon MG2160 reviewed in our March 2012 all-in-one roundup, yet with a piano-black coating instead of the 2160’s matte. That coating is mosting likely to get finger prints regularly, especially around the switches and the scanner lid, which you’ll frequently touch. Nonetheless, it does look excellent along with a glossy black screen, audio speaker set and other such items of desktop-tech.
Like its lower-end brother or sister, the Canon PIXMA MG3160 really feels a little frightening with its seven-segment LED display (the type that can only show a solitary digit simultaneously), standing LEDs as well as small collection of buttons. It’s actually a gadget you wish to establish and also use using your PC; aiming to alter settings or do maintenance on the printer itself is a workout in aggravation. Aiming to translate error messages relating to jams, absence of paper or lack of ink on that particular little display is simply difficult without the guidebook.
COMPUTER configuration takes around ten mins, and also offers you the option to attach to the printer by USB or Wi-Fi. Fortunately, provided the doing not have on-printer UI, you could set up the Wi-Fi connection using just the COMPUTER. This calls for that you connect the printer to the PC briefly via a USB cord, which can then be eliminated as soon as configuration is complete.
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Marketed print speeds at typical high quality are marginally above those of the MG2160, at 9.2 ppm (pages per min) grayscale, and 5ppm colour. In our standard PC Globe printer examinations, it accomplished a sensible 7.9 ppm with monochrome text and lineart and 5ppm black and white text and also graphics. However, that was contrasted by a specifically reduced 2.2 ppm colour text as well as graphics. Complete A4 image prints was available in at a typical 5 mins 49 secs per print, at ‘best’ high quality on shiny photo paper.The Canon PIXMA MG3160 makes use of simply 2 ink cartridges– black as well as colour. This is a point of distinction from most of its rivals, which different ‘colour’ into specific cartridges for Cyan, Yellow as well as Magenta. If your ink usage is out of balance in favour of some certain tone, this might raise your ink costs a little as you can only change the entire ‘colour’ container at the same time. Canon PIXMA MG3160 Download and Setup Wireless with Reviews – Windows, Linux, Mac
Recommended: Canon PIXMA MG3155 Driver Download
System Operating :
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra)
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Ink:
- PG-245 XL XL Black Ink
- CL-246 XL XL Color Ink
- PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Printer Setup on Windows Computer:
For some people, setting up a printer on computer can be a hassle. This article will explain how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer to a computer with Windows operating system. Every printer should have a driver CD in its packages, so make sure you check it before.
- Insert the CD that came in the package
- Follow the installation wizard
- Once its finish, test your printer to make sure it’s working
There is also an option to set up your Canon PIXMA without installing extra software by following the steps below:
Connect your printer via USB cable.
- Open Control Panel, and double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- A new window will occur, then choose Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices of installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for printer driver’s location will appear. Choose the directory of your driver or click on the printer CD.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer by right-click the printer icon and click properties. In that window, choose Print Test Page. Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Printer Setup on Mac:
Setting up Canon PIXMA on Mac can be a bit difficult for some people due to several differences from the installation on Windows OS. This article will give you a brief explanation on how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer on Mac OS.
- First, you have to uninstall any other Canon driver that exist in your Mac
- Disconnect your printer.
- Download the software driver on Canon official website.
- Open the driver and follow the installation wizards.
- After the installation is finished, go to the system preference by clicking Apple icon at the top right.
- Connect your printer via USB port and turn it on.
- Open Print and Fax and click on the plus button on the left side of the window to add a printer. Your new printer should appear on the list. If you didn’t find your printer name, redo step 1 to step 6 and make sure the driver for your current printer is installed properly.
- Click on your current printer model and click Choose a Driver or Printer Model, and then click Select Printer Software.
- Choose your printer from the list and click OK.
- Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Series Mini Master Setup ( Mac )
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 22.214.171.124 ( Mac )
Canon PIXMA MG3160 ICA Driver Ver. 3.3.4 ( Mac )
Canon PIXMA MG3160 IJ Network Tool Ver.4.7.0 ( Mac )
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Series ScanGear MP Ver. 1.80 The Linux (rpm Packagearchive)
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Series ScanGear MP Ver. 1.80 The Linux (debian Packagearchive)
Canon PIXMA MG3160 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.60 The Linux (rpm Packagearchive)
Canon PIXMA MG3160 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.60 The Linux (debian Packagearchive)
How to Set Up Wireless Connection on Your Canon PIXMA MG3160:
Setting up wireless connection of Canon PIXMA on your computer is actually pretty easy. This article will describes the steps to install wireless connection using WPS connection method. There are some requirements that need to be fulfilled before starting the installation, such as your access point should have a physical WPS push button and your network should use the WPA2 security protocol or WPA.
- First, turn on the printer. Press and hold on the Wi-Fi button until the indicator lamp flashes once. Make sure it flash blue light.
- Press the WPS button on your access point within 2 minutes. The blue light will continue flashing while looking for your access point.
- Once it connects to the access point, the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash.
- If the process is successful, both the power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
- To confirm whether the process is successful or not, try to print out the network settings of your printer.
- Put a sheet of paper.
- Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the indicator lamp flashes 15 times, then release it.
- Your printer will print the network information page and it means the installation is successful.