Canon MG3140 Reviews
Wireless setup without cd
Canon Pixma MG3140 Setup, Manual Instructions, Scanner Driver Software – Canon’s PIXMA MG3140 is the most recent in a lengthy line of inkjet multifunction peripherals (MFPs) created for the residence. It’s a squat, wise looking tool, made from high quality black plastics. It’s quite well specified: it can print, scan and copy, print automatically on both sides of a sheet of paper (duplex printing), and you can connect and share it on a cordless network.
The Canon PIXMA MG3140 acquires another attribute we have actually criticised before. Its ink cartridges are gotten to by increasing up the cantilevered control panel, yet the gain access to is a little bit limited behind each slot. Also, although the ports are plainly marked, it is physically feasible to put the dye-based cartridges in the wrong slot – we’re not sure why there’s no keying to avoid this. The printer’s paper trays have an uncommon design where published web pages spill onto a stop that rotates from the input tray – it looks basic, however the neat style does keep every little thing neat.
There’s no fax modem, nonetheless. As you may expect, there’s support for printing from or scanning to cloud services consisting of Google Drive, but authorizing the printer up is much more engaged compared to it is for items from rival suppliers such as HP.As a mid-range device, this PIXMA obtains Canon’s uncommon five-ink print engine, which integrates dye-based black, cyan, magenta and also yellow inks with a bigger, pigment black storage tank for better message printing. While that’s a good idea, we’re disappointed that the Canon PIXMA MG3140 is wooded with a confusing control system. Rather than touch input, its menus are browsed with a four-way rocker switch paired with three committed buttons below the screen – we’ve long criticised this arrangement, which can be inconsistent as well as complicated.
Luckily, these relatively minor grumbles couldn’t ruin one more terrific mid-range house MFP. While it isn’t really precisely fast, it delivered standard high quality message at 11.5 web pages each min (ppm), as well as produced our facility colour graphics examination at 3.6 ppm, which is fine at this rate. The scanner was quick sufficient at low resolutions, with a 300 dots each inch (dpi) A4 scan requiring simply 19 secs, but even using a USB connection, we required 103 secs to catch a postcard-sized photo at 1,200 dpi. Making a black photocopy of an A4 page took simply 13 seconds, but in colour this rose to 30 secs. Canon PIXMA MG3140 Driver Download and Setup Wireless with Reviews – Windows, Linux, Mac
Recommended: Canon PIXMA MG3122 Driver Download
System Operating :
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra)
Canon PIXMA MG3140 Ink:
- PG-245 XL XL Black Ink
- CL-246 XL XL Color Ink
- PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge
Canon PIXMA MG3140 Printer Setup on Windows Computer:
For some people, setting up a printer on computer can be a hassle. This article will explain how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer to a computer with Windows operating system. Every printer should have a driver CD in its packages, so make sure you check it before.
- Insert the CD that came in the package
- Follow the installation wizard
- Once its finish, test your printer to make sure it’s working
There is also an option to set up your Canon PIXMA without installing extra software by following the steps below:
Connect your printer via USB cable.
- Open Control Panel, and double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- A new window will occur, then choose Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices of installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for printer driver’s location will appear. Choose the directory of your driver or click on the printer CD.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer by right-click the printer icon and click properties. In that window, choose Print Test Page. Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA MG3140 Printer Setup on Mac:
Setting up Canon PIXMA on Mac can be a bit difficult for some people due to several differences from the installation on Windows OS. This article will give you a brief explanation on how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer on Mac OS.
- First, you have to uninstall any other Canon driver that exist in your Mac
- Disconnect your printer.
- Download the software driver on Canon official website.
- Open the driver and follow the installation wizards.
- After the installation is finished, go to the system preference by clicking Apple icon at the top right.
- Connect your printer via USB port and turn it on.
- Open Print and Fax and click on the plus button on the left side of the window to add a printer. Your new printer should appear on the list. If you didn’t find your printer name, redo step 1 to step 6 and make sure the driver for your current printer is installed properly.
- Click on your current printer model and click Choose a Driver or Printer Model, and then click Select Printer Software.
- Choose your printer from the list and click OK.
- Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA MG3140 Series Mini Master Setup ( Mac )
Canon PIXMA MG3140 Series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 220.127.116.11 ( Mac )
Canon PIXMA MG3140 ICA Driver Ver. 3.3.4 ( Mac )
Canon PIXMA MG3140 IJ Network Tool Ver.4.7.0 ( Mac )
Canon PIXMA MG3140 Series ScanGear MP Ver. 1.80 The Linux (rpm Packagearchive)
Canon PIXMA MG3140 Series ScanGear MP Ver. 1.80 The Linux (debian Packagearchive)
Canon PIXMA MG3140 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.60 The Linux (rpm Packagearchive)
Canon PIXMA MG3140 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.60 The Linux (debian Packagearchive)
How to Set Up Wireless Connection on Your Canon PIXMA MG3140 :
Setting up wireless connection of Canon PIXMA on your computer is actually pretty easy. This article will describes the steps to install wireless connection using WPS connection method. There are some requirements that need to be fulfilled before starting the installation, such as your access point should have a physical WPS push button and your network should use the WPA2 security protocol or WPA.
- First, turn on the printer. Press and hold on the Wi-Fi button until the indicator lamp flashes once. Make sure it flash blue light.
- Press the WPS button on your access point within 2 minutes. The blue light will continue flashing while looking for your access point.
- Once it connects to the access point, the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash.
- If the process is successful, both the power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
- To confirm whether the process is successful or not, try to print out the network settings of your printer.
- Put a sheet of paper.
- Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the indicator lamp flashes 15 times, then release it.
- Your printer will print the network information page and it means the installation is successful.