Wireless setup without cd
Canon Pixma MG2240 Setup, Manual Instructions, Scanner Driver Software – Canon PIXMA MG2240 is an all-in-one, compact tool that can scan and copy in addition to print. Using the unit, you can print both documents and photos quickly. Also, using the unit, you can easily and efficiently print web pages. The printer includes Figure park my software and it an print even more documents if you install XL-sized ink cartridges. Printing photos from a Facebook account is also free and easy. The printer’s auto power on and off will help save energy without you having to control the unit manually. The tool’s compact design and size makes for space-saving setup.
Canon PIXMA MG2240 prints in black and white at the speed of 8.5 pages per minute. It prints in color at the speed of 3.2 pages per minute. Printing a 4 x 6 inches, borderless photo is done in 84 seconds. Scanning an image of A4 size at 300 dpi of resolution is done in 15 seconds. The printer’s engine is a 4-color inkjet. Its maximum resolution is 4800 x 1200 dpi. It comes with a standard tray that can handle maximum of 100 sheets of paper. The printer features a text display of 7-character. Maximum photo size is 216 x 297 mm and maximum document size is also 216 x 297 mm.
Canon PIXMA MG2240 is 5.3 kg of weight. It is 449 mm of width, 304 mm of depth, and 152 mm of height. The interface it uses is Hi-Speed USB 2.0. The scanner included with the unit is of flatbed type. Its maximum optical resolution is 1200 x 2400 dpi with color depth of 48 bit. It does not feature any card slot and it cannot work in wireless connection.
Canon PIXMA MG2240 is equipped with Fast Front technology. This function allows you to replace ink cartridges conveniently and maintenance can be conducted rather quickly and easily. Other features included in the unit are my image garden, fun filter effects, auto photo fix II, borderless printing, calendar print, document printing, photo printing, full hd movie print, and quiet mode. For its paper compatibility, the printer works with plain (plain paper, canon high resolution paper), super high gloss (photo paper pro platinum), glossy (photo paper plus glossy II, photo paper glossy), semi-gloss (photo paper plus semi-gloss, photo paper pro luster), matte (matte photo paper), and envelope (U.S. #10 envelope). Paper sizes the printer is compatible with are 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, envelopes, letter, and legal.
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra)
Canon PIXMA MG2240 Ink:
- PG-245 XL XL Black Ink
- CL-246 XL XL Color Ink
- PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge
How to Set Up Wireless Connection on Your Canon PIXMA MG2240 :
Setting up wireless connection of Canon PIXMA on your computer is actually pretty easy. This article will describes the steps to install wireless connection using WPS connection method. There are some requirements that need to be fulfilled before starting the installation, such as your access point should have a physical WPS push button and your network should use the WPA2 security protocol or WPA.
- First, turn on the printer. Press and hold on the Wi-Fi button until the indicator lamp flashes once. Make sure it flash blue light.
- Press the WPS button on your access point within 2 minutes. The blue light will continue flashing while looking for your access point.
- Once it connects to the access point, the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash.
- If the process is successful, both the power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
- To confirm whether the process is successful or not, try to print out the network settings of your printer.
- Put a sheet of paper.
- Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the indicator lamp flashes 15 times, then release it.
- Your printer will print the network information page and it means the installation is successful.
Canon PIXMA MG2240 Printer Setup on Windows Computer:
For some people, setting up a printer on computer can be a hassle. This article will explain how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer to a computer with Windows operating system. Every printer should have a driver CD in its packages, so make sure you check it before.
- Insert the CD that came in the package
- Follow the installation wizard
- Once its finish, test your printer to make sure it’s working
There is also an option to set up your Canon PIXMA without installing extra software by following the steps below:
Connect your printer via USB cable.
- Open Control Panel, and double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- A new window will occur, then choose Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices of installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for printer driver’s location will appear. Choose the directory of your driver or click on the printer CD.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer by right-click the printer icon and click properties. In that window, choose Print Test Page. Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA MG2240 Printer Setup on Mac:
Setting up Canon PIXMA on Mac can be a bit difficult for some people due to several differences from the installation on Windows OS. This article will give you a brief explanation on how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer on Mac OS.
- First, you have to uninstall any other Canon driver that exist in your Mac
- Disconnect your printer.
- Download the software driver on Canon official website.
- Open the driver and follow the installation wizards.
- After the installation is finished, go to the system preference by clicking Apple icon at the top right.
- Connect your printer via USB port and turn it on.
- Open Print and Fax and click on the plus button on the left side of the window to add a printer. Your new printer should appear on the list. If you didn’t find your printer name, redo step 1 to step 6 and make sure the driver for your current printer is installed properly.
- Click on your current printer model and click Choose a Driver or Printer Model, and then click Select Printer Software.
- Choose your printer from the list and click OK.
- Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA MG2240 Driver Download:
Name Drivers and Operating System
Canon PIXMA MG 2240 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows/Vista/XP)
|Canon PIXMA MG 2240 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows/Vista/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2240 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2240 Quick Menu Ver.2.7.1 (Windows)
|Canon PIXMA MG 2240 My Image Garden Software Ver.3.5.1 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2240 series Full Driver & Software Package Ver. 1.2(Mac OS X )|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2240 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 126.96.36.199 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2240 ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2240 My Image Garden Ver.3.5.1 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2240 Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver.4.7.1 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2240 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 (Linux)||
|Canon PIXMA MG 2240 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 (Linux)||